Tuesday 1 September 2015

Top List of My Favourite Bands and Singers


Hello guys,
I am so sorry I haven't been uploading much as I have been to a Summer School and on holiday too but I'm here and ready to type. Today I am going to be telling you my favourite singers/bands (21st century), I might make other posts about songs and singers/bands from earlier eras. My taste in music is quite different to other people's interests I wouldn't say I like alternative, but I like different tastes to pop music. I hope you might like some of these artists if not...who am I to judge? (BTW: I'm going to put my favourites in order). I am also going to pick out some songs I enjoy and link them to the music video (FIY some music videos are just plain weird).


#6-The Last Shadow Puppets

This band is made up of mainly two people: Alex Turner and Miles Kane. The band is together but, Alex sings in the Arctic Monkeys and Miles Kane has a solo career so they haven't produced as much music, but their music still goes round in my head. The genre of music is rock and the songs are very catchy. My favourite song by them had won an award, which I will link onto the song name.

Favourite song:
My Mistakes Were Made For You

Genre: Pop/Rock



#5-Jake Bugg
Jake Bugg is a solo artist of the age of 21, he started off his career as the age of 18 after visiting the BBC for a music interview, he wowed the BBC with his guitar playing skills, folk rock voice and his lyrics which were inspired by his harsh childhood/teenage years living on a council estate. His choice of genre matches his lyrics so well and he writes all his songs himself, since the interview he has released two albums: 'Jake Bugg' and 'Shangri-La' also he has performed at many festivals such as Glastonbury.




My Top 5 Favourite Songs (In Order):
1) Messed Up Kids
2) Taste It
3) Simple as This
4) Lighting Bolt
5) What Doesn't Kill You

Genre: Folk Rock



#4-Miles Kane
Miles Kane is from the Last Shadow Puppets as I mentioned before but him working in the solo career has impressed a lot of people, he is very good at playing instruments whilst singing which makes his music so loveable, my favourite song was also the soundtrack to FIFA 14. So that tune is pretty much world wide.

My Favourite Song:
Don't Forget Who You Are 

 Genre: Rock 






#3-Tom Odell
Tom Odell is a solo artist, he began his career as playing music at music college he moved on to getting a record label, through ups and downs he got nominated and won a BRIT award. Also he got success after singing Real Love for Monty the Penguin the John Lewis Advert.

Top 5 Favourite Songs:
1) Another Love
2) Can't Pretend
3) Grow Old With Me
4) Real Love
5) Hold Me
  
Genre: Pop



#2-Arctic Monkeys 
Above all this band is one of my favourite bands of all time, this Sheffield group has been very successful for the past decade or so, with Alex Turner as the lead singer they bring proper rock to the radio and their music is very addictive.




Top 5 Favourite Songs: (FIY the music videos are mostly audio)
1) Do I Wanna Know
2) Baby I'm Yours
3) Arabella
4) I Wanna Be Yours
5) No.1 Party Anthem
  
Genre: Rock/Pop



#1-Florence + The Machine 
Florence + The Machine is the winner for me, the band is made up of the lead singer Florence Welch and various musicians in the background. The songs are very unique and is again very addictive. Also the band was the lead act for Glastonbury 2015 and have been very successful with their newest album How Big How Blue How Beautiful. 

 Top 5 Favourite Songs:
1) What Kind Of Man
2) What The Water Gave Me
3) Mother
4) Spectrum
5) Shake It Out 
  
Genre: Indie/Pop



I hope you guys enjoyed this post,
now you can see what weird music I like ;)
Bye,
Cerys
x

P.S: I'm going to be doing more Top 10 posts...my next one is Top 10 Mysteries that Haven't been Unsolved.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love Tom Odell and Florence & The Machine. I'd never heard of the last shadow puppets, Jake Bugg and Miles Kane

    ReplyDelete